June Bugs - Knowledgebase Question

Malakoff, TX
Question by gnaka59388
Help! I seem to be invested under my patio with June Bugs. Everyday I find at least five hundred laying around and on my trees. I have also noticed a lot of dirt disturbance where they are either burying themselves, or digging back out. Where can I find more information on this bug, as well as how to get rid of them and what products to use?

0

While lots of June Beetle adults can cause alarm, these insects are more of a concern in their larvae form, the white grubs that can do damage to turf when they occur in large numbers. The larvae (when deemed to be a significant threat to turf) are controlled in late July with a pesticide application to the soil. The adults are too mobile for control to be feasible. Your Extension Office (phone 903-675-6130) has a free publication on June Beetles.