Resouces for New Gardener - Knowledgebase Question

Massapequa Park, NY
Question by apavarini
I am new to gardening, and wanted to know where to find information online for the correct planting times for different vegetables such as tomatoes and peppers.

0

Welcome to the world of gardening! You can search our FAQ database for questions on specific subjects. Another great resource is your County Agricultural Extension office (ph# 516/454-0900), which has free or low-cost gardening bulletins. Also, check out the Cornell Cooperative Extension site resources page at http://www.cce.cornell.edu/res...
Many commercial websites offer free information to visitors and "members," too.

As for other free information on growing plants, mail order nursery and seed catalogs provide a wealth of information. I can tell you that peppers and tomatoes, being tender, heat-loving plants, should be planted after danger of frost has passed -- in your area, it's time to plant, since the average last frost date for Massapequa Park is April 20th. It's a little late to start these from seed, but you can buy plants at greenhouses and garden centers. Hope this helps!