Gardenia Care for Potted Plant - Knowledgebase Question

Monsey, NY
Avatar for maryglp
Question by maryglp
Received gardenia plant. Know it is acid loving. I try to put in light shaded area. Should I use Miracid on it now? Only had one bloom, but it is gone now. Hope it will bloom..any other suggestions on care?

soil mix and plenty of bright light with ample humidity and a moist but not soggy soil; often they will tolerate a short stay in the house during winter but then need to be returned to the optimum conditions of a conservatory or greenhouse in order to rebuild strength to bloom again the following year. In my experience it is really best to enjoy a gardenia as a "bouquet" without trying to keep it as a houseplant -- unless you have a greenhouse. It helps to think of gardenias as one-season plants and be prepared to replace them each year; that way, if yours thrives you will be pleasantly surprised.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Vals_Garden and is called "Bee and Moonfire"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.