Scientific Name - Knowledgebase Question

Brunswick, ME
Question by mikejoob
May 17, 1999
I am trying to find the scientific name of a plant called 'kissing over the garden gate'.

Answer from NGA
May 17, 1999


The plant you're looking for is Polygonum orientale, commonly called 'kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate'. The less attractive common name is Japanese Knotweed, an invasive weed in many parts of the country.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "'Blue Tango'"