Single Travelers Woe - Knowledgebase Question

Philadelphia, PA
Question by JoeIsSwing
May 21, 1999
As a single individual who travels for up to a week at a time, I have a problem providing the annuals on my city deck with water while I am gone. Other than asking someone to come into my home and water my plants is there some other solution?

Answer from NGA
May 21, 1999


The most effective solution would probably be an irrigation system with a seven day timer. There are many types of systems available in a wide variety of price ranges and many provide good instructions for do-it-yourself installation. Another possibility would be to set the pots on capillary matting set in trays of water. Depending on evaporation rates, someone might need to top up the trays, but it would be a lot easier than watering the individual plants.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Adenium Obesum"