Bavarian Jew Plant - Knowledgebase Question

Higginsville, MO
Question by gaylewood1
Could you please tell me something about the care of a Bavarian Jew plant, or give me a web site than I could get the needed information. I have not been able to find anything on it. Is it a sun or shade plant? It is in a hanging basket.

0

I did not find a listing for Bavarian Jew, but I wonder if your plant is most likely a form of either Zebrina pendula or perhaps a Tradescantia. Both of these make good undemanding houseplants and the care is similar: bright to moderate light, average household temperatures and moderate watering. You might fertilize this plant once a month or so with a balanced (10-10-10) water soluble fertilizer for foliage plants according to the label instructions. If by chance you have the plant tag with the Latin name, please write again. We might be able to find that in a database.
You might also talk to the owner/manager of the nursery where you bought the plant to get more info. They should be able to pursue it for you. Or, the name of the grower should be on the plant tag. They should also know. Thanks for writing.