Variegated Pussy Willow - Knowledgebase Question

Arkport, NY
Question by bhkegs
I just purchased a variegated pussy willow but can't find any information on it. I want to know if this type of pussy willow gets the little fuzzies like the other type. Can I start another plant just by cutting off a piece and rooting it in water?

0

The fuzzies are actually the blooms at an early stage, and your shrub should form them. Watch for them early next spring! While you may be able to root a cutting in water (when used as cut flowers or forced for decoration they occasionally root in the vase!), damp sand or a soilless potting mix will result in a better root system. However, your plant may also be a named and patented selection, so to propagate it yourself might be technically illegal. (Check the plant label for that information.) Enjoy your plant!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"