Lupine Problems - Knowledgebase Question

Limerick, PA
Question by nessport
The leaves on my lupine are being eaten, mostly from the all around the edges. I would like to know what pests might be responsible and how to deter them without using expensive chemical methods.

0

It's hard to wage war against an enemy you can't see. Lupine are favorites of slugs and snails so look first for shiny slime trails. Lupine Aphid can be troublesome, as can the Four-Lined Plant Bug. The best defense against these pests is to handpick, or hose them off with a strong stream of water. Snails and slugs feed at night, aphids and bugs during the day. Check your plants morning, afternoon and after dark to see if you can find the culprits. Then treat them accordingly.