Poor Little Fuchsia - Knowledgebase Question

Hurley, VA
Question by donnae7
I've always had fuchsias and had wonderful success. This plant is in a hanging pot. I water daily and generously. However, the blooms are drying and dying on the vine. I have never had one to do this. What must I do?

0

When a plant wilts despite being adequately watered, it suggests a disease. Fuchsias are susceptible to several fungal diseases, including a rootlet rot that attacks the finer roots of the plant, impeding water uptake. You can try picking off the affected plant parts to see if new growth is healthy. Fuchsias perform best when regularly pinched back, anyway, so pinching them back now won't hurt them. If new stems produce healthy leaves and buds, the problem was cultural. If new stems are similarly infected, toss the plant and the soil and begin again with a healthy fuchsia.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"