Crop Pests - Knowledgebase Question

Redlands, CA
Avatar for dot1
Question by dot1
June 16, 1999
If you were an amateur vegetable gardener and could have only one reference book on crop destroying pests, what would it be?

Answer from NGA
June 16, 1999
That's such a difficult question to answer, but the book I most often refer to is Pests of the Garden and Small Farm by Mary Louise Flint. It's part of the Integrated Pest Management Education project through University of California. It lists the most common pests (both insect and disease), has color plates to aid in identification, and clearly lists symptoms of each problem. The book explains biological, cultural and chemical controls for each problem. The book can be ordered from Publications, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of California, 6701 San Pablo Ave., Oakland, CA 94608-1239. The publication number is #3332. It may also be available from a local bookstore ISBN# 9311876-89-3.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Tillandsia bloom"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.