Flowerless Impatiens - Knowledgebase Question

Beachwood, NJ
Question by thelmstetter
I recently had a problem with my impatiens due to the excessive heat and humidity we had. Many of them died due to wet soil that the roots were sitting in. The ones that have lived have no flowers or buds at this time. They are green and seem to be getting better. Will they get buds again?

0

They should recover and come back into bloom assuming the soil problem has been remedied and they were not too badly stressed. Make sure they receive adequate fertilizer (either with a balanced number such as 20-20-20 or a "blossom booster" type with a higher middle number) applied according to the package instructions and to further encourage recovery, provide them with dappled light or morning sun along with moist yet well drained soil. Good luck with your impatiens!