"Princess Flower" - Knowledgebase Question

CA
Question by quilts7
I just purchased a "Princess Flower" with violet blooms and furry leaves. What can you tell me about this flower and how to take care of it when transplanted into my backyard? I do know that it needs shade but that's about all I do know about how to take care of it?

0

The true identity of your Princess Flower is Tibouchina urvilleana. It's an evergreen shrub or small tree, native to Brazil. It produces fast, rather open growth from 5'-18' tall. New growth is velvety, and the plant will produce brilliant royal purple flower clusters at the ends of the branches. It grows best is slightly acid, well-drained soil. In your gardening region it should be planted in a sheltered spot to protect it from strong winds. Pinch the tips out of the stems to promote bushy, compact habit, and lightly prune after flowering to encourage new, flowering wood.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"