Mandevilla In Winter - Knowledgebase Question

westwood, MA
Question by ruthdionne
Please tell me all you can about saving my beautiful mandevilla vine over the winter.

0

When temperatures drop this fall, gradually bring your plant indoors and place it in the brightest window you have where the minimum temperature will be above 55F degrees. Water sparingly and don't feed it because growth will be minimal in the winter months. In the early spring trim it back as needed, fertilize lightly and begin watering often enough to keep the soil moist but not soggy. When the weather warms in the spring take your plant outdoors (Remember to acclimate it gradually.) and increase the fertilizing again to the level for maximum growth according to the label instructions.