Spots on Umbrella Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Lancaster, NH
Question by seabreeze33
I have a fairly young Umbrella Tree (Queensland) and underneath the leaves are some bumps that are a darker shade of green then the rest of the leaf. If it is held up to the light, it is not visible, so I am wondering what they are, if maybe that's the way they're supposed to be, or if it could be past aphid damage from a past attack, but almost every leaf has some. The plant seems healthy otherwise.

0

Umbrella trees produce insignificant green flowers that later turn brown. Perhaps this is what you're seeing. As long as the plant appears healthy, I suspect it's a natural process with your plant. Aphids, because they have piercing, sucking mouthparts, can produce lumps and bumps on foliage, but it's generally accompanied by yellowing of the leaf. Just continue to give your plant general care and watch the plant (and bumps) carefully to see if there are any changes in growth or color.