Mushrooms Everywhere! - Knowledgebase Question

Abington, PA
Question by dicklean
August 27, 1999
Help! We have several large planted beds(annuals,pennenials, etc) on our lawn. They are (recently) heavily mulched with hi quality mulch obtained from a nursery. Overnight, every night, literally dozens and dozens of mushrooms pop out. Big ones - some six to 8" in diameter and 8-10" high. I assume they are not edible. I pull them out every morning and dispose of them. The roots are very shallow- almost on the surface. Is there something I can do now to get rid of them permanently? Doesn't seem to matter if it's wet or dry. They came up when nothing else did during the drought.


Image
Answer from NGA
August 27, 1999

0

The mushrooms in and of themselves are not a bad thing; they are a part of the normal process of decay which occurs with organic materials such as natural mulch as theyt breaks down.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"