Acorns - Knowledgebase Question

Sonora, CA
Question by srdaley
I just submitted a lengthy question prior to this one on acorns and why they have been dropping early, small, and the squirrels don't seem interested in them.
My prior questions was much more detailed.

0

Your first question didn't make it through cyberspace so I can only offer that acorns generally drop from trees when they're fully mature. If they are dropping prematurely, the tree is probably under stress (perhaps lack of water or temperature extremes), or it produced far more acorns than it is capable of supporting through maturity. This sometimes happens and trees simply drop a certain percentage of fruit or nuts so it can direct energy into coping with the stress, or into maturing the remaining fruit or nuts. As long as your tree looks healthy otherwise, I wouldn't be too concerned about early acorn drop.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"