Brown Pachysandra - Knowledgebase Question

Yonkers, NY
Question by Lsble
Due to the drought here in New York, our pachysandra has dried out and turned brown. Will this survive the winter and will it come around next spring?

0

Unfortunately the answer to your question is "it depends". If the plants are still alive, they will probably come back from the roots. They may even resprout above ground fi the stems are still firm. You might want to dig up a few and see if the roots are still firm and if there are any signs of life. It might take them a long time to gather strength and resprout, but pachysandra is a very tough plant so I wouldn't give up immediately. If there are signs of life and we have a normally rainy fall, I would be patient and look for a rebound next spring. You might give them a top dressing of compost and a light application of a balanced fertilizer early next spring to help things along, and possibly consider watering if the season is a dry one. Good luck with your pachysandra!