Blueberry Problems - Knowledgebase Question

Lowell, MA
Question by tide1
On one of my mid-season blueberry bushes the leaves are turning brown and starting to fall off they are still soft to the touch even in the brown area of the leaves. Can anything be done to help the bush?

0

The symptoms you describe don't fit the common diseases of blueberries, so I'd venture it's a cultural problem. Wet feet can cause browning of leaves, so water carefully, and try to keep splashing water off of the leaves. Water by throughly soaking the root mass, then allowing the soil to dry slightly before watering again. If the fruit is healthy and there's no dieback of the shoots, the problem isn't serious and will probably fix itself. If tip dieback is evident, cut back the affected stems and remove the clippings from the garden. Adjust your watering practices and wait for the plant to recover.