Seeding and Insecticide for Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Hector, NY
Question by loripercival
We would like to put some grass seed down but it looks like we have to deal with some insects too. Probably grubs from the looks of the torn up bits of lawn. I know you recommend nematodes for the grubs...is there any problem with adding the grass seed and nematodes at the same time and is this time of year ok for this. We live in the Finger Lakes area of NY.

0

To be honest I would suspect an animal has been digging rather than grubs, mainly because grub damage is completely underground. Possible suspects are squirrels, chipmunks, birds, and maybe a skunk. For detailed instructions on seeding a lawn you might like to look at a basic book such as Lawn Care for Dummies by Lance Walheim ISBN 0-7645-5077-2 and possibly contact your local County Extension (535-7161) for the most suitable grass varieties for your area as well as a suggested timetable for the best results. They may also be able to identify your digging pest as well. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"