Giant Castor Bean - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Sherlyn
Lynnwood, WA
Question by rorton6722
Love the way the giant castor bean and ornamental rhubarb grace a large garden. Are they appropiate to grow in Washington and are they available through your catalogs. Could not find either one on ANY seed racks this spring.
Nor could I find anyone who knew much about either variety of seed. We have a large area to fill in that would get good sun exposure. Would either of these work?

0

The plants you're looking for are Ricinus and Rodgersia respectively. Ricinus is an annual in the Pacific Northwest. Rodgersia is more cold tolerant and is perennial. Seeds of both are available through Thompson & Morgan, PO Box 1308, Jackson, NJ 08527-0308.

I've seen both plants thriving in sunny sites in the Seattle area so they should grow well in your garden.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"