Colors of Tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Middletown, PA
Question by selcherkid
What colors of tomatoes are available for planting in home gardens, besides red, yellow, orange, and white? Could I have a name of the variety? I think that purple or crimson tomatoes are available?

0

There are many colors available including tomatoes with combinations of colors at the same time. You will probably find the most variations among the "heirloom" tomatoes such as those offered each year in the Burpee Heirlooms Catalog. Recent selections have included "Big Rainbow" (red and gold), "Aunt Ruby's Green"(green), "Green Zebra" (green and gold streaked); "Jubilee Orange"(orange), "Yellow Pear" (yellow); "Cherokee Purple" (purple), "Dutchman" (purple-pink), and any number of assorted shades of red. You might wish to call Burpee to order your own catalog -- their number is 1-800-888-1447. Enjoy!