Canning Fruits And Vegetables - Knowledgebase Question

Brooklyn, NY
Avatar for lbesh
Question by lbesh
October 20, 1999
Where can I purchase equipment for canning fruits and vegetables.I was told Burpee did sell them in their past catalogs, but no longer do.

Answer from NGA
October 20, 1999
Burpee (800-888-1447 to order or order a catalog) does offer an all-purpose four piece steamer and blancher set that works well for canning, see page 83 in the 1999 spring issue. Also, the recent resurgence in popularity of canning and preserving means many cooking specialty, grocery, hardware and multi-line stores (such as Walmart) carry assorted equipment and supplies in season. For information about Ball home canning products (eg lids and jars) you might contact the Alltrista Corporation Consumer Products Company, Consumer Affairs Department, PO Box 2729, Muncie, IN 47307-0729 or try calling their information line at 800-240-3340 to find out where they are available in your area. You might also try a quick internet search.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Japanese Garden"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.