Patchwork Petals - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Robert Spencer
Penn Yan, NY
Question by raztaz143
I have been digging up summer bulbs and I came across my patch work petals. Are Patchwork petals perennials? Please Help!! P.s. Are Vinca Vines Perennials?

0

Sparaxi tricolor, or Patchwork petals, is also called Harlequin Flower.

This rugged flower is grown in the warmer regions of the country, especially where summers are dry. They feature brilliantly colored blooms with bright yellow centers ringed with dark brown. Many flowers are bi-colored or tri-colored. All do well in pots and they are a cutting bed favorite. These plants like a fertile soil that is somewhat sandy and full sun, but they are not drought tolerant. A Southern exposure is preferred. Given the proper exposure, you can expect Patchwork petals to be perennial in Zones: 6-10.

Vinca is also perennial, and generally remains green all year around.