Gardening Related Career Change Direction - Knowledgebase Question

Dunstable, MA
Question by julie_ann_sp
I am a burnt out software engineer and frustrated gardener! I am considering a major career change and looking for some reading material/resources on careers in gardening/landscape design related careers. Any suggestions?

0

The majority of garden designers tend to be self-taught however there are certainly vocational, professional and advanced degree programs available in various aspects of landscaping, horticulture and landscape architecture. You might look into the certificate and degree programs and their related job placement programs at community colleges and universities in your area. Off the top of my head I think there would be some sticker shock in the pay check line between software engineer and anything but that of an accomplished landscape architect.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"