Unsure What Houseplant Is - Knowledgebase Question

MI
Question by jessdrdh
November 12, 1999
I'm unsure of what the name of my house plant is. It is a large one, that is very full. The leaves are all dark green, and are in the shape of a marquise. (almost like a marquise diamond) I'm not sure if I can trim the leaves back a bit because the plant is getting very wide. And I don't know if I should plant it outside, or preferably leave it in. thank you

November 12, 1999

0

Based on your description I am not sure what your plant is, either, but it is possible you have a peace lily (Spathiphyllum wallisii) one of the best housplants for beginners. It will not tolerate cold so wyou would need to keep it indoors. There are many varieties of this plant ranging in size from about twelve inches up to about three or even four feet! It tolerates low light and poor conditions but in good light with average moisture and normal room temperatures along with applications of all purposhouse plant fertilizer it will bloom periodically. The bloom itself is small but it is framed by a large white bract that is quite showy. The plant grows slowly but steadily and can be divided as needed to reduce its width or can be repotted into a larger pot.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"