Fast Growing Seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Doylestown, PA
Question by DBMcLeod
November 30, 1999
My daughter is doing an experiment for school and we need a recommendation for a fast growing seed. I can't have a seed that needs full sun because our house unfortunately does not hav that type of exposure. I would not be opposed to purchasing an inexpensive "blue" light to help in their growth if that's necessary. I appreciate your assistance.

November 30, 1999

0

Some of the quickest seeds to germinate are radish. They won't need light to germinate, so you won't have to invest in a gro-light for the seeds to germinate, but if you plan to grow them to maturity, you will need a source of artificial light. If you just want to chart the germination rate, you can sow the seeds in pots or trays and put them in a warm area. If you want to record the growth rate, you'll need to put the seedlings in a bright windowsill, or put them under a source of artificial light.

Hope this answers your question!