Cleaning Yucca Plant Leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Pittsburgh, RI
Question by jvetter8
December 26, 1999
I have two Yucca (?) plants in my bedroom. It appears that dust has collected on the leaves which makes them look dull. How can I clean them to bring back the luster?

As noted I am not sure the name is correct. Where can I find an image of the plant?

December 26, 1999

0

You have several options for cleaning foliage houseplants. One is to put them in the shower or sink under a tepid spray of plain water. Another is to vaccuum them (use a gentle brush attachment) to take off the loose dust and then gently wipe them off with a soft cloth dampened in tepid water. Once they are clean again, a regular dusting and occasional washing should keep it from building up too much. A quick trip to the library for a book or two about houseplants should yield some photos of assorted foliage plants or a quick web search for yucca should do the trick.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"