Potted Lemon Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Louis Spisso
Glenwood, MD
Question by kesamo
I have a everbearing lemon tree I purchased while visiting in Florida. What size container can/should I transplant the tree? I will take it in and put it under lights during the winter (first winter 1999/2000). Also, will it bear fruit? Have lots of blossoms at present.

0

If your tree is blooming, it should produce fruit. You didn't say how tall the tree is, so it's difficult to recommend a certain size container. Generally speaking, it's best to use a pot that's about 1/3 as tall as the plant you're putting into it. This size will provide adequate room for the roots, plus will help anchor the tree so it isn't top-heavy and doesn't topple over.

Be sure the container you choose has adequate drainage holes on the bottom - plant roots don't like sitting in water!

Hope you have a great harvest!