Amethyst Falls Wisteria - Knowledgebase Question

Sacramento, CA
Question by lynne06
The write-up in NG 1/2-00 under "everblooming vine - Floriferous wisteria" was wonderful and had me almost running out to buy one, but you didn't mention the most important element, to me, regarding wisteria ... the fragrance (or lack of). So do I buy or not? How does it compare with other wisteriae in scent?

0

Amethyst Falls is a beautiful selection of American Wisteria. It flowers on 4-6" racemes which are an intense blue and are lightly fragrant. Since it flowers on new growth, it blooms about 3-4 weeks later than it's Asian counterparts allowing it to flower after threat of frost.

The choice is yours - lightly fragrant intense blue flowers convinces me it's worth growing!