Clinging Vines for Glass - Knowledgebase Question

Warren, MI
Question by manfrommi
I live in zone 6 (michigan) and i have a large glass enclosed Florida room that I would like to grow some clinging vines around. it gets 5 to 6 hours of sun. do you know of any clinging vine that will attach itself to glass.

0

Unfortunately, I can't think of a vine that can cling to such a sheer surface. You might not want one to do that anyway because the clinging vines use little holdfasts that stick pretty much permanently -- even after you have tried to remove the vine! Instead, you might arrange a trellis or a series of strings along the windows. If the support is hinged at the base or suspended you will be able to gently "fold" it (and the vine) down so that you can clean the windows periodically -- important to allow as much sunlight as possible to enter the room. You would have a wonderful selection of vines to select from since many of the flowering tropical vines are lovely treated this way.