Gourd Selection - Knowledgebase Question

Edison, NJ
Question by Ntropea
I recently received a packet of mixed gourd seeds from a friend. sorry, it is not from Burpee. I think it's Pinetree seeds. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to determine which seeds yield which type of gourd. There are several different types of varieties and many look similar, and I don't have room in my yard to plant 50 gourd plants. Are there any vital characteristics in the seeds or young plants that would distinguish one type from another, so I may be able to get one or two plants of the several different varieties in the pack?

0

Unfortunately, since they are all so closely related it is just about impossible to tell them apart. That is the downside to those mixed seed packets, I guess. Maybe you could plant some this year and some next year.