Bug Science - Knowledgebase Question

Emmaus, PA
Avatar for emfick
Question by emfick
January 19, 2000
What is the name of the science concerning insects, diseases of plants (particularly house plants) and control of the sort?

Answer from NGA
January 19, 2000
I think you are describing what a pathologist might do, although entomologists certainly study insects. In some cases insects can be the vector for a disease and this would combine the two. Many areas in horticulture tend to be interdisciplinary. I hope this helps.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Echinacia"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.