Calla Lilly - Knowledgebase Question

Albuquerque, NM
Question by wileydes
I planted several "Gem" Calla Lilies in pots a couple of months ago. They are indoors and in front of a window that gets very bright sunlight all day. They have also been fertilized with a 20-20-20 liquid every two weeks. They recently began blooming, but the blossoms are mostly green, with just a slight tinge of the deep purple-pink they should be. What's causing this -- is it a lighting or fertilizer problem?

0

It might be just a case of immaturity. It isn't unusual for calla flowers to begin with a greenish tinge and then color fully as they mature. If they remain green without turning deep purple-pink by the time they're fully open, then I'd suspect the lighting isn't as intense as the plants require.

Wait and see what happens with the flowers. If they don't color up, you'll know to increase the amount of light they're receiving.