Storing Tips - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Michele Watkins
Seaville, NJ
Question by mthatwoman
I am planning a late June wedding and would like to give bulbs as a favor gift. I plan on wrapping appropriate bulbs in Tulle and then placing them in glass flower pot holders. I would like to begin wrapping the bulbs in the netting but need to know how to store them until the wedding.

0

If you are using spring purchased summer blooming bulbs such as gladiola you might be able to hold them that late by storing them dark, dry and fairly cool, at about 60 degrees or so. They also need to be in a location which allows for some air circulation to minimize the chances of rot developing. Usually, they are kept in a cardboard box, paper bag, a mesh bag or the like for this reason.