Pansies Covered With Snow & Ice For Days - Knowledgebase Question

Wake Forest, NC
Question by KingKreate
We are in Zone 7 and our pansies usually bloom and do well from mid-September, when I put them out, to early June. However, we have just had an unaccustomed 20 inches of snow and ice. Will my pansies survive this and bloom again in the spring? The ones that have finally uncovered are looking pretty wilted. I love my pansies and put out 10 flats - I would hate to have to re-plant!

Thnak you for any help!

0

In my experience most varieties of pansies will survive substantial cold. Surprising as it may seem, they actually benefit greatly from the protective, insulating layer of snow. Although they may look a bit bedraggled now, they should recover once the weather returns to normal. Do make sure that they are well fertilized however to help them recover quickly once they do return to active growth.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"