Seed Starting - Knowledgebase Question

London, In
Question by sandra_
Sorry to ask such a silly question but I have just started growing things and I have a big problem that I don't know how to overcome.

When I plant my seeds they seem okay and start comming through within 7-10 days. But after that they grow too tall and flop over. What am I doing wrong?

0

Never apologize for asking questions - that's the way beginners become experts! It sounds as though your seedlings are starved for light. If you provide a source of artificial light 12-14 hours each day, the seedlings should grow stout and healthy. You may benefit from reading a book on seed starting, or visiting a website with step by step instructions, to get you on the right track. One book that I believe belongs in the libraries of anyone and everyone from beginner to expert seed starter is "Parks Success With Seeds". It has just about everything you could ever want to know about seeds: types, germination info., lighting, temperature, soil, pictures of seeds/seedlings, cross references, etc. This book is available from Park Seed. You can reach themat www.parkseed.com or Ph. # 1-800-845-3369.

There is also a great website called "The Official Seed Starting Home Page" at www.chestnut-sw.com/seedhp.htm -- it has lots of valuable seed starting information.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"