Slow Release Fertilizer For Newly Planted Outdoor Flowering Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Dresher, PA
Avatar for fpsflower1
Question by fpsflower1
February 8, 2000
What number slow release fertilizer should I use when planting flowering annuals?

Answer from NGA
February 8, 2000
In general you would use a complete fertilizer with numbers listed on it such as 10-10-10 or one with a higher middle number intended specifically for flowering plants; the best way to know what to use is to have your soil tested and find out for sure what it is or is not lacking and then fertilize based on that. Possibly more important would be to also check the soil pH. Your County Extension (489-4315) should be able to help you with the tests and interpreting the results.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Cuphea and Petunias"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.