Rabbits Eating Holly Trees And Bush - Knowledgebase Question

Delran, NJ
Question by Dsady
The rabbits are destroying my San Jose Holly and the small blue boy. They are chewing the branches off, eating the bark, berries and believe it or not the leaves too. They stand on their hind legs,stretch up and chew off the branches. They have really destroyed them. What can I do about this? I have a small dog, so any chemical solutions are out of the question.

0

Some gardeners report success using the commercially prepared repellent sprays, but in my experience once they have gotten in the habit of eating a particular plant it is safer to fence it off using a sturdy wire mesh. Make sure to lay some wire out flat along the ground along the perimeter and possibly buried in gravel so they can't wiggle in under it, too. It is important to stop them before they girdle the plants.