Identification Of Fairy Foxglove - Knowledgebase Question

Birmingham, AL
Question by GDEAD00
I recently came across a plant called "fairy foxglove". The botanical name, which I cannot remember exactly, was listed something like ernimus. (It was not digitalis.) It said to be only 6-8 inches high, however, I cannot find any other information on the plant. Can you help?

0

Fairy foxglove is Erinus. It's a small species of low-growing tufted perennials with tiny leaves and masses of small, flat, pink, white, or red flowers. Erinus is an easy plant to grow. Provide full sun (part afternoon shade in very hot areas), well-drained sandy soil, and regular water during the growing season. Erinus is short-lived, so plan on replacing the plants every 3-4 years.

Seeds are available from Thompson & Morgan, PO Box 1308, Jackson, NJ 08527-0308.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"