Care For Phalaenopsis - Knowledgebase Question

London, KY
Question by rmbruner
I have a Phalaenopsis Orchid. When I got it there were no directions on how to tade care of it. I can not find any information on it.

0

Phalaenopsis Orchids are wonderful houseplants! Here are a few general care rules:

Orchids need ample humidity, so put the pot on a pebble-filled tray and keep water in it. Also keep thesoil moist. When watering, use tepid, not cold water. Mist the leaves occasionally.

Orchids need 10-15 hours of bright light each day, but keep them out of direct sunlight.

They prefer daytime temperatures of about 70F in summer and 60F in winter, with a 10 degree drop at night.

Keep them out of cold drafts, feed them during the summer months with a low nitrogen fertilizer, and let them become pot-bound (they flower more freely when their toes are pinched).

Enjoy your lovely new orchid!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"