Soaker Hoses - Knowledgebase Question

Dresher, PA
Question by fpsflower1
February 26, 2000
Would you please recommend which kind of soaker hoses to buy for putting in my perennial and annual garden and also for new shrubs?

Answer from NGA
February 26, 2000


The very simple soaker hoses or "leaky pipe" hoses are available in different grades and price ranges. Be sure to cover them with mulch so they do not degrade in the sunlight. There are also flexible tubing systems which include emitters which can be directed at individual plants rather than watering all along the length of the hose. These might be better, depending on how your plantings are laid out. There are a number of name brand systems to choose from and they are simple to install. If you are on a well system, not that some require higher water pressure than others. You might find the following discussion helpful in deciding which type to use.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "Agastache"