Planting Forced Bulbs - Knowledgebase Question

Lincolnton, NC
Question by gardeningnut6
I have forced some narcissus's this past winter, they have just now stopped blooming. I would like to plant them outdoors now, but do not know when to plant them. How many weeks do I need to leave them indoors before planting them in the ground?? The temp's are averaging in the 50's and 60's now (sometimes even in the 70's)

0

They should be planted as early as possible, so acclimate them to the brighter light outdoors gradually and then plant them while they are still growing. Make sure to water them well and keep them slightly moist after planting. One caveat, however, and that is that the "Paperwhites" are not winter hardy and almost never rebloom after forcing. If you grew that kind, do not be disappointed if the planting is a failure.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"