Hydrangeas Have Holes - Knowledgebase Question

Geneva, IL
Question by dianemaccioc
Our new hydrangea bushes planted last July eventually had alot of holes on the leaves and were quite unattractive throughout the growing season. They had white blooms and stood about 14 inches high. I'd like to have them looking better this season what can I do this spring to keep them healthy? They are planted in full sun. Thanks

0

In my experience it is somewhat unusual to have an insect problem on hydrangeas, so for a positive identification of the cause and suggested controls, if any, you might wish to take a sample to your County Extension office. Their telephone number is: 708-584-6166. In any case, to reduce chances of reinfestation next year, it would be a good idea to remove and destroy the spent leaves as they fall this autumn. Good luck with your hydrangeas!