Planting Seeds From Tomatos That Wre Grown Last Year - Knowledgebase Question

Scarsdale, NY
Question by stevsel
I purchased Brandywine tomato seeds from Burpee last year. I removed some seeds from the tomatoes late last summer, dried them and stored them over the winter. Is there any-
thing I should know before attempting this?

0

Treat these as you would any tomato seed. Assuming you grew only Brandywines then you should have the same type of tomatoes this year as you had last year. To start them indoors, plant the seed shallowly in premoistened soilless mix, water lightly to settle the soil, cover with plastic wrap (to maintain humidity) and set in a warm bright location out of direct sun. The seeds should germinate fairly quickly. Remove the covering immediately and place them in the brightest light you have available.