Hollow Tube Grass? - Knowledgebase Question

Los Angeles, CA
Question by AJBerghoff
March 15, 2000
I'm trying to determine the name of a plant typically found by beaches (Florida / California).

It is about 1/4" in diameter and grows about 14" tall, together in clumps.

It resembles hollow tubes that can be pulled apart into shorter pieces.

Green in color resembling grass

Thanks so much for your help.

Answer from NGA
March 15, 2000


I think you're describing a rush rather than a grass, and my guess is Juncus articulatus (Jointed Rush).

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Red Squirrel"