Restoring Eroded Area - Knowledgebase Question

Valley Stream, NY
Avatar for Ndayes
Question by Ndayes
March 19, 2000
Where would I go to get a very large amount of topsoil? A section of my back yard has lost topsoil from rain and I would like to fill up the holes and level the yard.

Answer from NGA
March 19, 2000
You might check with landscape contractors in your area or with your local soil conservation office for suggestions; your local county extension might also have some helpful advice. Do keep in mind that a landscape architect or other professional, with training and experience in surface drainage and grading, might be able to help you analyze the root cause of the problem and correct it, so that the new soil doesn't wash away as well. They should also be familiar with sources for topsoil and other amendments sold by the cubic yard.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )