Ornamental Shrubs - Knowledgebase Question

Carlisle, PA
Question by esctlc
What kind of ornamental shrub should I plant in the front of my house. Needs to be low growing and quick growing. I also need some kind of fast growing spring flowering tree for the front of the house. Please help!

0

To some extent the answer top your question depends on whether or not the location is shady or sunny all day and what type of soil you have. In a sunny location (either all day or all afternoon) I would suggest low growing junipers or dwarf red or gold barberries, and possibly a smaller variety of crabapple. For a partly shady location (morning sun or dappled light all day) you might try low growing azaleas and a redbud tree.