Invaded By Bugs Due To Drainage Ditch And Woods In Back Yard - Knowledgebase Question

Lockport, NY
Question by rslewis
Our new home has a drainage ditch that goes along side and in back and also the back yard is all natural woods. We cannot enjoy being outside in warm weather due to all of the pests. Lots of mosquitos, bees, and other bugs that look like brown, small, moths. Do we have to hire some one to spray, and if so, how long does that usually last, and where, exactly would they spray? (our yard or into the trees and ditch?). Are there any other alternatives other that building a screen room? My husband built a beautiful deck and we would like to enjoy it, but already the bugs are out in full force. Please help. Thank you

0

Unfortunately, ditches and insects tend to go together, as do insects and woods, or even, insects and the out of doors. You might try wearing insect repellent so that you can enjoy the deck, or you might consult with your County Extension (433-6731) as to the best methods for controlling the insects you are finding. I'm sorry about all the bugs, I know it can be very unpleasant.