How Fast Should I Expect My Honeysuckle To Grow? - Knowledgebase Question

New Freedom, PA
Question by coconutteleg
I have a trumpet honeysuckle that I purchased from the local hardware store nursery. It said on the tag that It was grown in a field for 2 years. My Soil is rich and slightly heavy, and I plan to put it in full sun. How fast should I expect for this particular vine to grow? Also, is this a fragrent variety? I have heard that there are some varieties that have little to no fragrence.

0

Usually, the name trumpet honeysuckle would be applied to Lonicera sempervirens which is not fragrant, although the blooms are lovely and attract hummingbirds. This is a fast growing vine once it is established. I would expect several feet of growth this year while it builds its root system and then thicker growth to about ten feet or so next year.