Do Holly Bushes Need Alot Of Water? - Knowledgebase Question

NJ
Question by Modified66
I believe I have China Boy Holly Bushes. Do they need a lot of water in the summer? Should I run a soaker hose around them and hook it to a timer? Or, do they like it somewhat dry? They have been in the ground for several years. Thank you!

0

Hollies as a rule prefer a soil that is evenly moist and yet well drained so that it is not soggy or sopping wet. If your trees have been in place and growing well for several years they should not need supplemental watering at this point. If we experience several weekd of very dry weather or even worse, drought conditions, it is possible they would benefit from an occasional very deep soaking as opposed to frequent light watering. But in general, if they are planted in a favorable location, they should not be needing extra water particularly in the spring.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"